* Seis Vidas en Fuego. The fire autobiographies of six 'fathers' of modern fire management in Mexico. My idea, my role only that of editor.
* Wild Visions. Wilderness as Image and Idea - out at last, thanks to Ben Minteer's patient tenacity and Mark Klett's network of landscape photographers.
* Pyrocene Park. Yosemite as a microcosm of an Earth moving from an ice age to a fire age (Univ. Arizona Press, May 2023). See link on sidebar to left for special coupon.
And some essays ~
* Aesthetics for the Pyrocene - a meditation for Aeon/Psyche.
* The Pyrocene as framed by the views outside my study windows.
* A brief commentary on how the Big Blowback followed the Big Blowup.
The Pyrocene is out in paperback and headed to translations. That's the Earth's story. For a cameo that ponders how to deal with a more fire-informed world, Pyrocene Park will be published in May, 2023.
* Five Suns: a Fire History of Mexico, a project that I have long had in mind. The manuscript is now under review for publication.
OTHERWISE, I fuss over our urban Farm at the End of the Road, where I wrangle sheep, chickens, and citrus, and follow Voltaire's admonition to tend my garden.